Monday, October 4, 2010

Yes, it's ME again.

So it's been about 5 or 6 years since I decided to end my stint on LiveJournal, and I have returned to the blogging world with probably some more interesting news than I used to have. Basically, I used to bitch a TON about life and school. It was entertaining to read, yes, but looking back, it was just a bunch of teenage blah blah blah. I would like to say I've changed now that I'm 20, and I've gone through some pretty interesting experiences since then, so I figured now would be the time to get a blog as a place to share my thoughts on school, life, interests and all of that stuff.

I'm in my Junior year in nursing school at Simmons College. It's quite a ride, I'll tell you that much. I'm kind of at that point between having no idea what is going on to feeling somewhat comfortable. I'm also one of those people who doesn't shut up when it comes to asking question. I feel like I'm one of those nerds who keeps raising their hand in class saying "EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! TEACHER, I HAVE A QUESTION!". But, there's nothing wrong with asking questions. There's nothing wrong with being that nerd. Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far even though I'm super nervous about the future and where I'm going to go.

I have clinical tomorrow at Mt. Auburn Hospital in Cambridge and already I've been having good experiences there. I'm on a first name basis with one of the guys from transport, so I guess that has to count for something. I've spoken to a woman with severe multiple personality disorder who was threatening to sue Cambridge, took a man down to dialysis, and changed a peripheral line dressing. Tomorrow I'm giving meds. I've only given a shot once, and it was to a blind man who I'm pretty sure couldn't speak. Another time, I tried cutting a pill in half and it went flying across the room. It could go either way.

In addition to my nursing entries, I'm going to try to put some stuff about local restaurants and places that I've been to in the Boston area. Also once I start up my radio show again (Grandmaster Strakus and the Furious One 7-9pm Friday nights on Simmons College Radio- how's that for a plug?), I'll be putting up my playlists and some info on the songs I've played. If I feel like it of course. So I hope you enjoy!

Alexandra






No comments:

Post a Comment